Club Update – Advice for Members & Guests
To all Queens Park Members and guests,
Due to the new Stage 3 Restriction levels being imposed on Regional Victoria, we need to let you know what these changes will mean to you for the next 6 weeks (or longer). These conditions may change again, there is still some clarification needed on some points. We understand there may be confusion and consternation, please read and follow the below directions to make the necessary changes as smooth as possible for us all.
- ALL FUTURE BOOKINGS FROM AND INCLUDING SATURDAY 8TH AUGUST WILL BE DELETED. ALL MEMBERS MUST RE-BOOK THEIR TEE TIMES. See below for booking opening times/days for timesheets.
- Tee times will be as follows:
- 2 players per group.
- 6-minute intervals between tee times.
- No Competition Golf. Social Golf only.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday timesheets will be open to all members, NO GENDER SPECIFIC DAYS.
- No visitors will be allowed to book into Club timeslots. Visitors can book into Public times through the Pro-shop.
- Timesheets will be changed to 2 per group up until 30th
- AT THIS POINT IN TIME, we do not know if Current Members living in Regional Victoria can play at Queens Park if they live closer to another Golf Course, from what we have received it does not look like you can. I have requested official advice and we will let you know the outcome. To be safe, if you are unsure and cannot afford or justify a fine, I suggest playing at your closest Club until clarified.
- MASKS ARE MANDITORY AT ALL TIMES. This includes when you are playing, even by yourself. If you have a legal reason you cannot wear a mask, you may be allowed to play. Please do not try to circumvent the rules or find loopholes in the law. This type of behavior may result in further restrictions being applied to you, or worse, all members. Basically, don’t be a Karen or Covidiot and get us shut down completely.
- The Pro-shop will still continue to operate, please follow staff direction at all times.
- Practice putting green and driving range are closed for use.
- Players need to leave the precinct as soon as their round is finished. Sorry, no socializing after your round at Queens Park. If you are not playing, please do not attend the course or surrounds.
- The 19th Tee Bar and Bistro will:
- Operate Thursday, Friday and Saturday (6-8th August) at a minimum.
- Depending on patronage, operating days/hours will continue or will close completely. If you would like to be able to continue to purchase take away food and drinks, please support them during this difficult time.
- Clubhouse and Beer Garden are closed for seating, take away food and drink only.
- Internal Clubhouse toilets will remain open as long as the 19th Tee remains open. If closed, there are toilet facilities behind the Clubhouse or in the Playground area.
Opening times for booking sheets are:
- Saturday 8th August, sheet will open 6th August at 7:00pm
- Tuesday 11th August, sheet will open 6th August at 7:00pm
- Wednesday 12th August, sheet will open 6th August at 7:00pm
- Thursday 13th August, sheet will open 6th August at 7:00pm
- Saturday 15th August, sheet will open 7th August at 7:00pm
- Tuesday 18th August, sheet will open 7th August at 7:00pm
- Wednesday 19th August, sheet will open 7th August at 7:00pm
- Thursday 20th August, sheet will open 7th August at 7:00pm
- Usual booking times will be re-instated after this date.
NOTE – Whilst we know you all want to play golf, please consider the members who work mid-week and cannot play in the mid-week timeslots. We ask any member who books into the mid-week timeslots please allow other members to book the Saturday times before you put your booking in. We do not wish to set limits on members rounds so would appreciate you all taking other members circumstances into consideration. I would suggest at this point, if you can book in mid-week, please do not book for Saturdays until 1 hour after timesheet opening times. If we do not receive any negative feedback on availability, we will not enforce further booking restrictions.
Thanks for supporting your Club, fellow members and for your understanding. We will get through this together.
Club Captain, Chair QPGC Club Match Committee