Stage 3 Restrictions from Thurs, 6th August 2020
From Thursday the 6th of August regional Victoria enters Stage 3 Restrictions. We have received the following advice from Golf Australia today.
Based on advice published on the DHHS website and verbal advice received from the Victorian Government, Golf Australia advises the following:
• Groups will be limited to two people unless they all reside in the same household. For the avoidance of doubt, groups of three or four will only be allowed if all members of the group reside in the same household. Note: Member booking timeslots will be limited to 2 players at Queens Park Golf Club
• Club competitions must not be conducted, but handicapping of scores through non-contact means is allowed.
GA has engaged in depth on this topic with the Victorian Government as competition golf is a key aspect of club/facility life across the state. It was confirmed to GA that competition golf is unable to be conducted under Stage 3 restriction.
• Club/facility driving ranges, putting greens and chipping areas cannot operate unless a distance of at least 100 metres between groups of 2 can be maintained.
• No hire equipment, including golf clubs, pull buggies, golf carts or range balls may be made available for hire under any circumstances
o Exception: Golf carts may be hired to a person who has a disability, or who is over the age of 65, or who can demonstrate that they require one due to having special needs. (Note: players are permitted to bring and use their own cart, however the one person per cart limit applies.)
• A one person per cart limit, unless both riders live in the same household and both meet the criteria as listed above.
• Clubs/facilities are required to thoroughly clean the carts before and after each use.
• 1 to 1 coaching can continue in a non-contact, socially distanced setting
• Indoor coaching is not permitted
• If you are not doing exercise or a physical activity where you are out of breath or puffing then you must wear a face covering. You must carry a face covering with you and wear it before and after you exercise.
Clubhouses must close for food and beverage service. Clubs & facilities may trade for takeaway service provided they can meet all physical distancing conditions in doing so.
Golf Service Centres/Pro Shops must limit the number of people within the facility to comply with the requirement for patrons to keep a minimum of 1.5 metres apart.
For further information, please see the DHHS website link below
Member booking times have been extended by 1 hour on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays