Club Update – Return to Comps & Course Works
To all members,
COMPETITIONS RE-COMMENCE ON THURSDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER 2020!
It’s been a while since the last update. We finally have some good news and some updates to let you know about.
Golf Australia have confirmed we are able to play in groups of 4 and run competitions again as of 17th September. This will require a few changes on the back end which will need to be done manually.
– All timesheets will need to go back to 8-minute gaps between tee times.
– 2 extra tee places will be inserted for each tee time (back to 4 per group).
– Tuesday/Thursday comp timeslots will be reverted back to Men, Wednesday’s will be for Women, as per usual comp days.
– We all still need to use the 1st tee. i.e. no multi-tee starts.
– The above actions will avoid needing to delete all bookings but will mean your tee time will change.
– You can go into the booking sheets yourselves and change your bookings to play in groups of 4 if you want to.
– Unfortunately, if you reside in the Melbourne Metro areas under different restriction levels than Regional Victoria, you still cannot attend QPGC. We hope this changes soon for you all.
The timesheet updates may take some time, but I will have them updated as quickly as I can. Any timesheets that have not opened for bookings yet will be changed as soon as possible, preferably before they open to bookings. If the timesheet has 4 spaces per tee time, it has been updated. If only 2 spaces, be aware your time will change slightly.
We also have been advised the green renovations will be done this Tuesday and Wednesday (22nd and 23rd of September). The front 9 will be closed Tuesday, the back 9 will be closed Wednesday. Both of these days will need to be 9-hole competitions.
Once the greens have recovered back to normal, we will be scheduling in Club Championships as a priority. There are other trophy events which have not been held, these events will be scheduled in where possible, either before or after Club Championships. We expect the greens to be in perfect condition by late October and will advise Championship dates. Expect late October/early November, we will try to run 4 weeks in a row if possible.
Welcome back to competitions, I hope to see you all on the course or around the clubhouse. We will inform you of any further updates in the coming weeks. Now, into the timesheets.