Please follow all social distancing, congregation and hygiene regulations and procedures put in place by the Government, the Club and the Pro-shop.
TEMPORARY LOCAL RULES
Temporary Local Rules override Standard Local Rules if there is a conflict.
When a player’s ball lies in a part of the general area cut to fairway height or less the player may take free relief once, by placing the original ball or another ball, within one club-length from the spot of the original ball, and playing it from this relief area.
- Relief area must not be nearer the hole than the spot of the original ball, and must be in the general area.
Penalty for Playing Ball from a Wrong Place in Breach of Local Rule: General Penalty Under Rule 14.7a
- Any Irrigation trenching areas in the general area are G.U.R..
- The ball may be dropped without penalty at the nearest point of complete relief no nearer to the hole. (No Penalty)
- Old hole plugs that are raised or sunken below the surface are G.U.R.
- If players ball lies on the putting green, the ball maybe placed on the spot of nearest point of complete relief no nearer to the hole. Rule 16.1 (No Penalty)
- Bare patches on greens are G.U.R.
- If player’s ball touches a bare patch on the putting green, the ball may be placed on the spot of nearest point of complete relief no nearer to the hole. Rule 16.1 (No Penalty)
- Hole 10 The bare ground on the right, where the Canoe tree was removed, may be treated as GUR under Rule 16.1 (No Penalty)
- Holes 10, 11 and 12 Raised temporary square patches on fairways may be treated as G.U.R. under Rule 16.1 (No Penalty)
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULES
Unless otherwise noted, the penalty for a breach of a Local Rule is the general penalty (stroke play – two strokes, match play – loss of hole.)
Updated: 15th May 2022
STANDARD LOCAL RULES
To be read in conjunction with the Rules of Golf and any Temporary Local Rules applying on the day.
All boundary fences, both football ovals, the fences along the: 17th, between the driving range and 10th, the 9th as defined by white pegs and the post and rail fencing along the 12th, 13th and 16th. Relief may be taken as per Rule 18 when required. i.e. Stroke & Distance with 1 stroke penalty.
The Clubhouse is an Immovable Obstruction and relief MUST be taken under Rule 16.1. Playing a ball over the Clubhouse is prohibited.
Safety fences behind the Clubhouse, 10th tee, 11th green, all 120m markers, struts supporting boundary fencing inside the General Area, and, the cage between the 3rd and 14th, Sewer pits on 14th and 18th are immovable obstructions and relief may be taken under Rule 16.1.
If a staked tree, interferes with the lie of a player’s ball, their stance or intended swing, the player must take relief as provided in Rule 16.1.
A ball striking the overhead wires or supporting poles (within the General Area of the course) must be replayed from where the previous stroke was made without penalty.
Paths with embedded stones, garden beds and deep wheel ruts made by mowers, tractors or motor vehicles may be treated as GUR under Rule 16.1
It is the duty of every golfer to replace or see replaced, any portions of turf cut out in the act of playing, and, to carefully smooth out footmarks and holes they have made in bunkers. Rakes are to be left in centre of bunkers parallel with direction of play. Sand buckets must be carried.
- Player MUST NOT play a stroke if there is any chance that another person is in a potential position of danger.
- Players on their own fairway have right of way over players playing off incorrect fairways.
- Course staff always have right-of-way.
- Players MUST GIVE WAY and WAIT for maintenance vehicles or mowers to pass or be safely out of range before playing a stroke.
- Call FORE, immediately and loudly when you hit a ball in the direction of other people on the course. This allows them to take immediate safety precautions to avoid being hit. Being struck by a golf ball can cause serious injury or death.
- All players must report to Pro Shop prior to commencement of play
- Play commences at the First tee
- Each player must carry an individual bag of clubs
- Maximum four players per group
- Payment of Green Fees is your acceptance of Course Rules
- Alcohol is NOT permitted on the golf course
- Dogs are not permitted on the golf course
- Shirts with sleeves must be worn at all times – No singlets
- Sports footwear – No Thongs
- Metal spikes are not permitted
- Please observe the etiquette of golf
- Keep buggies off tees and greens
- Sand buckets MUST be carried
- All divots to be filled with sand, repair ball marks and rake bunkers after play
- Players must give way to ground staff.
- Ball lost – call players through.
- Avoid slow play at all times, one clear shot behind behind the group in front
- If holding up play call following players through!
- Maximum of 4 players per group.
- Dogs are not permitted on the Golf Course.
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULES
Unless otherwise noted, the penalty for a breach of a Local Rule is the general penalty (Stroke Play – 2 strokes, Match Play – loss of hole)